Browse Items (21 total)

  • Tags: Schools

Almanac "containing matters of local interest, local business announcements...also some pages of miscellaneous reading." Includes a chronology of notable events (both local and national) for 1876, marriages and deaths for the year, statistics of…

Letter from Amherst Academy student, N. Carpenter, to her friend Susan in Dudley, Mass., describing the curriculum, the number of students, Fourth of July and other recreation activities.

16-page catalog listing trustees, teachers and pupils at the Mount Holyoke Female Seminary for the year that Emily Dickinson attended. Describes course of study, entrance requirements, books used, vacations, Sabbath requirements, etc.

Class of Ella L. Roberts (standing in back) grouped in front of the elementary school in Cushman.

Brochure detailing school policies and board and tuition terms.

Brick school house in South Amherst, now the East Street Alternative High School, part of the Amherst Regional School system.

Brick schoolhouse in North Amherst, now the Amherst Survival Center.

Brick school house on Kellogg Avenue.

Members of the Amherst Boys Club working on a project on Cleanup Day. Boys are at work shoveling dirt near a parked a two-horse cart filled with dirt. Kellogg Avenue School is in the background.

Terrace Home School on South Prospect.jpg
View of the school which came to be called the Terrace Home School on South Prospect Street. It was run for many years by Josephine Herrick and was a school for children with special needs. Instruction was given in instrumental and vocal music,…

View of Amity Street and Amherst Academy building. The Academy building is three and one-half stories and federal style. The building was razed in 1868. Rev. David Parsons House is on the right.

Program for an exhibition of music and oration in Greek, Latin, and English at the Amherst Academy. Noah Webster is listed as the speaker giving the opening oration.

This institution offered boys a classical education and was a well-known school throughout the Connecticut Valley and beyond in the 1830s. The school closed around 1836 and remained empty for awhile. The wings were removed to other areas of town. One…

Amherst High School on Spring Street, 1867-1916.

Jennie L. Cowles taught at First Intermediate School for many years after graduating from Amherst High School in 1871; she stopped teaching in1885. Students listed onback of photograph are: Mary Martin, Howard Merritt, Mary McGrath, Cora Porter,…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2